Monday, March 2, 2009

Jetlag in Ireland

I decided to return to Ireland reather suddenly as my Mother had not been doing so well. The first port of many calls was Sydney. Where else do you go when you have an 8 hour layover in Sydney, but Bondi Beach. The actually have a sea water swimming pool built on the cliff in Bondi Beach. The best part is drowning, firstly there are at least 2 lifeguards for every person. And imagine being saved by a guy wearing one of those caps.










36 hours later I arrive in snowy Dublin having set foot in 4 countries. I was greeted with several inches of snow. I love the "Goodbye" as you leave Dublin Airport.









If you don't believe in the effects of global warming, look what is happening to Ross Beach. This sand spit used to be 4 miles round and stood there for hundreds of years, now the sea has left a huge gaping hole in it in only 2 months. I fully expect most of it to be eroded next time I go home. Oh did I mention that I am never going home again until they invent time travel. My butt and stomach can't take all that sitting and plane food. On a positive note, I did get to watch about 8 movies, in the end I was reduced to watching Four Christmasses - I can barely stand one Christmas.

No comments: