Monday, May 4, 2009

What Are you Studying Anyway?

Good question! There appears to be a general sense of mystery about the study thing, to the point where people are beginning to suspect that Fred and I are making it all up.

Lets get the "where" out of the way. We are both at Victoria University, seen here in all its glory. Opened in August 1904 by the "Governor of the Colony". These Kiwis keep denying that they are really an appendage of the Empire.

The University is perched on the side of an incredibly steep hill and is a mishmash of buildings stitched together with duct tape to stop them from sliding down into Wellington Harbour. But the views are spectacular. The next photo was taken from our yoga room in the gym. Probably the best place in the world to do a sun salutation.



















I am studying International Relations, which I have to confess I really did not know what it was until it started. But basically it involves international politics, really big words and questions like "Is Karl Marx the long lost4th brother of Groucho, Chico and Harpo", "Would George Bush be a Liberal if he could pronounce all the syllables"

Further questioning has asked about Fred.  Fred is studying really hard sums that explain how the stock market will never fail as it is full of "rational actors" and how the capital system is as stable as a house in China Basin.

No comments: