Sunday, February 28, 2010

Our Lives Back


Thesis silly season is over. I have been working round the clock to get it complete. Last Friday was D-Day and I got to enjoy having my tome bound and handed in. After that I got to celebrate and enjoy a New Zealand sauvignon blanc without having to feel guilty about not working on my thesis. I plan never to read a single academic document ever again in my life.

This is the first weekend I have had off in a month. We got to enjoy Wellington's beautiful summer evenings. This was taken down at the waterfront - where I am partaking of the wine.
The sun shone for me as if to let me know that life was good.

We got to do things that normal people do. Fred and Pete went to a Rugby Game - I believe their team is called the bumble bees - or are they the hurricanes. Here are the boys enjoying pre game drinks on the Deck in Plimmerton. Jo and I thought that drinking was a much better way to spend the evening. I got to show off my thesis round town.
And enjoy a beautiful evening on the Waterfront in Wellington


Then a celebratory dinner last night in the #1 ranked restaurant in New Zealand (after the love shack that is)

Pete relaxing while Jo wonders if Ziggy has come home yet


Fred pretends he still knows who I am



Now I have to figure out what to do with the rest of my life

No comments: